The subject of childbirth is one of the most controversial health care issues. The controversy begins with the prevalent belief in the medical establishment that birth is a dangerous and risky medical problem that is best handled in a high-tech hospital setting. Most hospital births are filled with many (unnecessary) interventions that are considered standard protocol. In reality, birth is a natural, normal, empowering process that women were created for. Most of us are perfectly capable of giving birth without any medical intervention at all. How do these opinions differ so widely?
Join Shayna Eliav and Chana Lew, both Crown Heights doulas, as we explore options for a safe birth and talk about how decisions we make prenatally affect our birth experience.
- Discover the ONLY 3 factors that make up the birth experience
- Why birth choices are important to your and your children's longterm health
- Embracing the transformative power of childbirth
- Letting go of the fear: a little light dispels a lot of darkness
- Exploring the alternatives
Miriam Schwarzchild, New York City's most experienced homebirth midwife,
and Brooke Farrell, from the booming practice Village Obstetrics.
A peaceful, undisturbed birth is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself and your family.
To beautiful births,
p.s. I hope to see lots of single women there.