- 4 Cups Spelt Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- ½ Cup Sunflower Oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ Cup maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
In a separate bowl combine the oil, eggs, maple syrup & vanilla.
Mix dry and wet ingredients.
Shape as desired and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for roughly 15 minutes.
- Roll into balls and partially flatten. Make indentations in the cookie and fill them with jam.
- Roll out the dough on a baking sheet, top it with jam, oats and coconut for really yummy squares. Add some bits of the cookie dough to the top as well. (baking time a little longer).
- Make 2 recipes. In the second replace 1/4 flour with a 1/4 cup cocoa. Roll out each dough separately and pile 1 on top of the other. Roll up for beautiful pinwheel cookies. Partially freeze the rolled up dough before slicing to maintain the shape.
- Add lemon zest & poppy seeds for lemon poppy seed cookies.
- Add sesame seeds and sliced almonds and replace vanilla with almond extract.
- Add 2 tablespoons beet juice and use heart cookie cutters to make a little girl very happy.
- Can be used for hamantaschen
Can't bother juicing beets and still want pretty pink cookies? Call Mr. Greens (or go to your local healthfood store) and order some fresh beet juice. When you get home, freeze them in small ice cube trays so you have pink when it's needed.